06 June 2023
CHRO Forum | The Annual Meeting: ‘How can HR drive accountability for Environmental, Social, and Governance issues?’
The CHROs at the CHRO Forum expressed a greater sense of excitement rather than fear when it comes to the opportunities presented by ESG. They believe that ESG offers a significant chance for organizations to create value, extending beyond mere compliance with laws and regulations. To truly capitalize on this opportunity, organizations need to integrate ESG into their purpose, values, and processes. The role of the CHRO is vital in driving this integration.
‘More excited than frightened’
CHRO Forum – a peer-to-peer platform of CHROs from leading organizations across a wide range of industries. The forum offers a platform to exchange ideas and take inspiration from each other’s ideas and initiatives.
Speakers & Contributors
Speakers & contributors amongst others:
Myriam Beatove Moreale, CHRO and member Executive Board Randstad
Renée de Boo, Partner People & Change KPMG
Stendert Krommendam, CPSO Ecotone, Supervisory Board SNV
Lea Lønsted, Pay Equity Leader Europe & UK, DEI Expert Mercer
Heiko Mijnarends, Consultant Spencer Stuart
Peter Oosterveer, Alumni CEO Arcadis
Veronika Pountcheva, Board Member International Sustainability Standards Board
Rebecka Sancho, Head of Sustainability G-Star
Chris Upjohn, Senior Principal Mercer
Josanne Verdonk, CHRO G-Star
Corien Wortmann-Kool, Member Supervisory Board AEGON, dsm-firmenich, and Alumni Chair of the Board ABP
Location: G-Star RAW
Key insights of the discussions were:
- ESG presents a significant opportunity for value creation.
- Organizations must integrate ESG into their purpose, values, and processes.
- The CHRO holds a crucial role as an agent of change in driving ESG initiatives.
- ESG requires two essential conversations: one within the boardroom and one
- The CHRO has three key roles in ESG: owning, leading, and enabling.
- “ESG is a forest, and you need a torch” – emphasizing the need for guidance
- Connecting ESG with performance and remuneration is a dedicated task for the
- ESG should be embraced by everyone in the organization, not limited to a few
individuals or departments.
- The CHRO should demonstrate boldness and set ambitious goals in the pursuit
of ESG objectives.
Read the extensive report here (in Dutch): CHRO Forum | THe Annual Meeting Summary Report 6 June 2023
Aftermovie CHRO Forum 2023 | The Annual Meeting
For all our events attendance is by invitation only. The extended report is therefore solely shared with attendees. Would you like to get in touch or are you interested in more information? Please contact Lenne Michiels: email@example.com.